Hycroft Mining’s employees and service providers are the single most important assets of the Company and are critical to the Company’s success. Hycroft Mining is committed to protecting and promoting the health and safety of our employees and protecting the health and safety of others while working at or visiting Hycroft.
Hycroft Mining will:
- Ensure that all employees are trained to understand their health and safety responsibilities and are motivated to adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable health and safety laws and regulations at all times, at all locations, at all stages of exploration, development, operations, and closure.
- Establish and maintain standards, procedures, and management controls to ensure appropriate health and safety considerations are integrated into all aspects of our business in an effort to minimize occupational risks.
- Require contractors working at Hycroft Mining’s locations to perform at the same health and safety standards as the Company.
- Provide adequate financial and human resources to ensure that occupational health and safety is given an equal and balanced priority with other key business activities.
- Implement procedures to measure health and safety performance, including regular audits of operations to verify compliance with the Company’s policy and applicable regulations.
- Involve employees in the development and implementation of procedures and standards affecting their health and safety. Pertinent occupational health and safety information will be communicated among all employees and stakeholders. The Company will work proactively with all stakeholders and other mining companies to define health and safety priorities for the mining industry and develop responsible legislation and regulation.
- Continuously review health and safety achievements and technology to seek and implement methods for further improvement and promote best practices.
- Require a dedicated Committee of the Board of Directors to meet on a regular basis to provide an independent review and oversight of the health and safety policies and systems, ensure compliance with applicable laws, promote best management practices, and ensure Hycroft is an industry leader concerning health and safety performance.